Monday, April 14, 2008

Adah's First Cold

So, there are many firsts that parents look forward to ... your child's first cold is not one of them. I spent all of last week with a cold, but I thought with all the hand washing that we were going to make it through without Adah or Chris getting it. I started feeling better Friday. By Saturday, Adah was waking up in the night and, by Sunday, Adah was sniffling and trying to clear her throat. Today, she's miserable. We've been cuddling a lot and trying to keep her upright, but there's a lot of whimpering going on in our household. Poor thing ... she can't even blow her nose! At least when I was sick I knew what it was and could try to make myself comfortable. With Adah, I have to guess how she's feeling and what she needs. She woke up crying last night. When I went in to see what was going on, she picked her head up to look at me and then flopped it down on my chest to cuddle. Poor thing.

1 comment:

The Comerfords said...

Aww, poor Adah! They look so sad when they are sick. Do you like Adah could teach Olivia how to roll? Little stinker just won't do it! :)