Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Mother's Day

I have come to realize over the last 6 months what a blessing it is not just to be a mom, but to be Adah's mom. Before you have children, you know you will love them. But I don't think I was ever prepared for the intensity of that love. She didn't do a thing to cause me to love her ... I just do ... fully and forever. Mother's Day was an opportunity to reflect on the last six months and my new role as a Mama.

After a favorite breakfast at home (prepared by Chris) and before an afternoon at the nail salon with a friend, we had a picnic lunch at the park. Adah's discovery of new wonderful things never ceases to thrill me. This day it was grass and swings. Joy!


Adah Discovers Grass



Swing Time





Chillin' on the Picnic Blanket with Mama

No comments: