Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Adah: A "Just So" Kid

Adah, the more I see you play with other children your age, the more I see your personality emerge. I am realizing that you are a wonderfully unique child. Here are just a few of the quirks that I love about you…

  • You love tupperware and consider the drawer where we keep said items your personal space (not to be invaded by others).
  • You feel the need to close every open drawer or door that you pass.
  • You take roll call throughout the day of each household member, but always skip yourself. (Adah: "Dada?" Me: "Dada's at work." Adah: "Lila?" Me: "Lila's sleeping." Adah: "Mama?" Me: "Mama's right here. I'm Mama." *pause* Me: "What about Adah?" Adah: "No.")
  • You always sit in the same spot to read books (and direct me where to sit as well).
  • You like to walk around the house with a hat over your eyes trying to feel your way through the rooms, giggling the whole way.
  • You bring your favorite stuffed animals to your sister when she's sitting somewhere by herself.
  • Sometimes, when I am talking to Lila, you push me out of the way and mimic the exact thing I was just doing to Lila yourself.
  • You often pack up a bag, wave good-bye, blow kisses and leave the room (to go to “work” like Dada does). You return within minutes bursting through the door to "come home" with kisses and hugs.
  • You kiss and hug your panda bear, bunny, and blanket every time you get up out of your crib in the morning.
  • You have to turn your light on and off every morning before leaving your room.
  • You give the toy frog drinks of bath water before you get out of the tub.
  • You clap when we finish brushing your hair after the bath.
  • You have started "reading" books to your stuffed animals and dolls, complete with the same motions your Dad and I add to our orations.

You are fearfully and wonderfully made, Little One, and I love every bit of you.



1 comment:

The Comerfords said...

Oh my gosh, I think you have the two cutest girls ever! ;) Love the update. Olivia and Adah sound A LOT like each other. I bet they would have tons of fun together!